Swan Turton’s experienced Intellectual Property (IP) specialists deliver a range of services in all aspects of IP to help our clients create, exploit and protect their IP. We work closely with our clients to ensure that they understand the issues relevant to their particular IP assets and circumstances and are aware of the risks and benefits of the options available to them.
We advise on a wide range of IP related matters including:
- Copyright law and licensing
- Trade mark applications, registrations and licensing – in the UK, EU and world wide
- Database rights
- Branding and brand protection
- Some types of patent licensing
- Intellectual Property assignments
- Media and artists rights clearances
- Trade secrets and confidential information
- Photography, film and image rights
- Software development, licensing and support
We also have considerable expertise in connection with resolving disputes and entering into and managing litigation where our clients’ IP rights have been infringed or they are being accused of infringing the IP rights of another party. This includes matters such as passing off, trade mark infringement and challenges and copyright infringement.
Whatever type of advice you need we make sure that we fully understand your business and the market in which it operates so that we can align our advice with your business requirements. We pride ourselves on being highly responsive and providing fast and effective advice that is at all times practical and commercially focused.
Key contact: Charles Swan
- Triple damages for flagrant infringement: Original Beauty v G4K Fashion
- VG Bild-Kunst v Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz: Copyright works and website framing
- Capitol Records and others v BT and others: High Court victory sees cyberlocker website blocked by internet service providers
- Private letters and freedom of expression: HRH Duchess of Sussex v Associated Newspapers Ltd
- How much is enough for copyright joint authorship: Martin v Kogan: The Re-Trial