The firm advises on all the legal and related issues involved in the development, production and exploitation of audiovisual material in all forms, traditional and developing.
Our clients come from all areas within the film and broadcast industries and range from individuals to multi-national corporations. They include talent, producers, financiers, broadcasters, distributors, exhibitors and merchandising licensors, television format owners and creators.
Our advice is practical and relevant to our clients’ commercial needs, drawing on many years of experience in the media industries. Our partners include co-founders of Adlaw International, a global network of advertising specialist law firms.
Clients involved in the film and television industries often have other media business interests. The firm’s strength across all areas of media and entertainment enables us to call upon the experience of our other practice groups to provide a truly comprehensive service.
What the Legal Directories say:
“The firm is ranked as a leading media and entertainment practice and noted for its work in the film and TV sector and particularly noted for its work on financing and production of the feature film based on The Inbetweeners television series.” (2011 Edition)
- How much is enough for copyright joint authorship: Martin v Kogan: The Re-Trial
- Tilting at Windmills: Recorded Picture Company Limited v Alfama Films Production and Paulo Branco
- How much is enough for joint authorship? Martin v Kogan
- Clearcast TV pre-clearance decisions not subject to judicial review: Diomed Direct Ltd v Clearcast Ltd
- Digital content: new rights for consumers in force from 1 October 2015