The firm’s Dispute Resolution Group has a specific focus on media-related disputes and also provides advice and representation on general commercial litigation matters.
In addition to its robust and practical approach to litigation through the courts, the Group has expertise in all forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. Members of the Group regularly work with lawyers in other countries and have a wide knowledge of litigation and arbitration procedures in the major commercial centres around the world.
Our partners include co-founders of Adlaw International, a global network of advertising specialist law firms.
The Group deals with the full spectrum of commercial disputes for a variety of clients, both from within the media and entertainment industries and from the broader commercial sector. Our work covers a wide range of issues including:
- copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property disputes
- music recording and publishing disputes
- management contract disputes
- advertising complaints and claims
- defamation, privacy and related claims
- film and publishing industry disputes
- contractual disputes
- company and partnership disputes
- professional negligence
- debt recovery and insolvency matters
What the Legal Directories say:
Chambers & Partners
Client service: “Extremely proficient. They understand my needs and execute them in a timely, effective manner. They know my ‘quirks’, have a deep understanding of my business and the sector, and talk to me like a human being.” (2013 Edition)
- Interim judgment in UB40 band name dispute: Campbell v Campbell
- Not another monkey selfie case: Amazing Animals v Captive Animals Protection Society
- ‘Celebrity threesome’ injunction upheld: PJS v News Group Newspapers Ltd
- Clearcast TV pre-clearance decisions not subject to judicial review: Diomed Direct Ltd v Clearcast Ltd
- Clarification on “serious harm” in defamation claims: Theedom v Nourish Training